Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Goodbye to the most liberal Senate Republican

From the Senate Site:

Resignation

By Bev Evans
Utah State Senator, District 26

I will be submitting my letter of resignation today.

Many of you know this was to be my last year in the legislature. It has turned out to be a difficult one. My husband passed away unexpectedly and then several other serious challenges have arisen since that time. For many reasons, I needed to find a job and/or a meaningful cause with which to be active and engaged.


There are rumors that this will not be the last Senate vacancy before the elections. However, as nice a person as Senator Evans is, I jsut don't agree with her politics. Hopefully the Zions Bank Senator will be more conservative

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Her example should be followed by Parley.

Anonymous said...

Now if other liberals like Howard Stephenson and Chris Buttars would just resign too, things might be okay.