Thursday, May 24, 2007

Chris Laurence - Utah GOP Chair Candidate

Here is the first survey that I got back. I have asked each candidate the same questions, I will post the responses as I get them; and will let you know any coward who refuses to respond.

Chris Laurence


What are your plans to get the Party out of debt?

Fortunately, the amount of debt is shrinking. The immediate future will require a good deal of begging, I mean, vigorous fundraising. The long-term solution is to build up a reserve, and anticipate future costs better.

If elected would you rehire Jeff Hartley or have an open hiring process?

I would have an open hiring process.

How can the GOP be more competitive in Salt Lake and Weber Counties?

Voters are not going to fall for simple slogans. We need pragmatic, bright, articulate, fiscal conservatives that understand economics, and the interplay between government and private industry in larger metropolitan areas. Utah's cities will only continue to grow. Rudy Guiliani proved that conservative principles can be applied successfully, even in New York City. It can be done here as well.

What is your vision for the Party?

If we can get our fiscal house in order, and not spend so much time worrying about the bottom line, the Utah Republican Party can become a place where ideas are worked out, and various potential solutions are provided. I would like to see it as a greater asset to the county parties. I would especially work toward greater involvement of individuals from outside the traditional metropolitan boundaries.

What role should/can the average delegate/activist have in the Party?

Enthused participant. I would like to see issue blogs and discussions on the state party website wherein any delegate can post comments. I would like another blog for Republican Party members or the public at large to post comments as well. I would like to farm ideas from everyone. With that investment, there will be greater loyalty to the party. Hopefully, donations would flow more freely as a result, contributing the the fiscal soundness of the party.


Thanks to Chris for responding. More surveys to come.....

No comments: